Ticker




-

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day Eight

Morning Weight: 275.0
-.8 lbs from yesterday
-3.2 lbs weight loss total!

Breakfast
2 Mini Crustless Sausage & Tomato Quiches
Calories 215
Protein 14g


Lunch
1/2 of a Rotisserie Chicken, Bleu Cheese, and Balsamic Wrap on a Honey Wheat Tortilla (best wrap of my life!)
3/4 c Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Calories 602
Protein 29g


Dinner
Pork Chop on a Stick (tractor pull food- it was delicious!)
Small Caprese Salad (be still my heart!)
Calories 438
Protein 56g (yay for lean pork and mozzarella!)


Snack
Half Handful Salted, In-Shell Peanuts
Calories 64
Protein 6g


Grand Total
Calories 1319
Protein 105g! (wahoo!)

Well, I managed to navigate (successfully) the land-mines known as festival and tractor pull foods. I have to say that a HUGE part of my ability to do that is directly related to Mr Man's decision to join me on my journey! (Can I tell you that words cannot describe how happy I am to have his support?!?!). Since he's watching his calorie intake along with me now, it's much easier to say "no" to that slice of pizza or that cocktail (as tempting as it was at lunch) or dessert now that I have someone else also saying no to it. (That, and the guilt factor of the other person watching you snarf it down is kind of a deterrent as well... lol!).

Earlier in the day, Mr Man and I went up to hell the cities to see my sister's exhibit at a huge art festival. (I gloated a bit about it here). There were a lot of amazing artists (I actually found a couple of water colors that I really wanted to bring home. The price tag told me I might have to make one of them a weight milestone goal reward... They were a bit pricey- although totally worth it!), and a sweet Lego exhibit that MM was enthralled with. We managed to wait until after the festival to grab a bite to eat (although there were a lot of temptations along the way. Read: candy bowls, free cookies, etc)

My sister's exhibit was not exactly what I expected. It honestly didn't show case any of her amazing pieces. What it actually was is kind of hard to describe. She and a few of her friends transformed an entire space into something that can only be described as an expression of what they viewed a post-society-collapse/post-apocalyptic artist community would look like (does that make any sense?). It was basically their way of stating that art is important. It is part of who we all are- and even if society collapses, people will still create, still express themselves, still make art

My description is totally random, and doesn't do it justice. I'll post some pictures up later. Not sure the pics do it justice, either, but at least you'll get to see some sweet looking stuff. :)

After the festival, MM and I stopped in at my mother's greenhouse. Picked up a gazillion tomato, pepper, egg plant, and herb plants. SUPER excited about those! Then we wound up driving a ways to see one of my brother-in-laws compete in a tractor pull. I married into a family of tractor pullers. By that I mean they all pull. My husband, 3 of the 4 brother-on-laws (the fourth one will, he's just too young), my father-in-law, mother-in-law, and one of the sister-in-laws. They all pull. It's a disease. One for which there is no cure (if you find one, PLEASE let me know!). I don't pull, and they all think that I'm the crazy one...

Anyhow, MM and I managed (through totally leaning on each other) to escape the temptations of the cheese curd, nacho, hot dog, cheeseburger, cotton candy, funnel cake, and corn dog vendors. Instead, He finished the rest of the leftovers from lunch (off scale victory alert! Neither one of us finished what was on our plates at lunch!) and I grabbed a nice lean, grilled pork chop and a mini caprese salad (being sold by the deep-fried cheese stand of all places). The rest of the night we chugged our water/Powerade Zeros and when I got "hungry" again later in the night, stole a tiny handful of salted in-shell peanuts from one of the BIL's.

All in all, super proud of both of our successes! Now let's see if we can survive our next challenge: SUNDAY - Omelette Breakfast (Read: whatever crap I want to put into as many eggs as I want, along with hashbrown, cheese sauce, toast, jelly, butter, juice, milk... ugh!) and a WEDDING DINNER... (I'm pretty confident about the breakfast... no clue as to even what they are serving at the reception... wish me luck!)

Fake it til you make it!
~The Faux Bandit~

No comments:

Post a Comment