Ticker




-

Friday, May 25, 2012

The Flu and Dancing and Food, Oh My!

Current Weight: 274.9
-?? lbs from yesterday
-3.3 lbs weight loss total

Breakfast
2 c Light Vanilla Soy Milk
1 scoop Unjury Chocolate Splendor
(This "meal" took me 2 hours to drink! It tastes great, but it's SO filling!)
Calories 220
Protein 32g


Lunch
8 oz Vegetable Beef Soup
Chocolate Splendor Unjury "Shake" w/banana (I basically made the same thing as I had for breakfast, only I added ice and a banana to treat myself to a dessert I knew I would savor! It was YUMMY!)
Calories 440
Protein 40g


Dinner
Corn Dogs (I splurged)
Calories 560
Protein 20g


Grand Total

Calories 1220
Protein 92g (Holy Cows!)

Let me start off by apologizing to everyone who has been visiting my page the last few days to find absolutely nothing on it. It's been a while since I've been on here. I am happy to inform you that it is not because I have given up or fallen off the bandwagon. It's been because I've been unable to sit upright and still keep down food for about 4 days now. Today was my first "normal" day. Back at work. Back to the grind. Back to losing. :)

It's been an eventful week. I had a great weekend. Saturday was filled with both sides of the family and lots of fun. Sunday was a lazy morning followed by Mr Man accompanying me to a coworker's wedding. We had a great time! Food choices were hard. The menu consisted of rolls, ham, turkey breast, wild rice, fruit salad (the surrounded by whipped cream so not good for you kind), herb potatoes, mixed veggies, and cake. Lots and lots of cake (six different flavors!). I took a small slice of both meats, about a 1/4 c of the wild rice, 1/2 c of the veg, 1/4 c of the potatoes, and skipped the rest. No rolls, No fruit fluff. NO CAKE! They were even tiny pieces. I probably could have justified it, but I instead opted for a drink and a ton of dancing. Oh! Did we ever dance! Ironically, I think I knew more of the guests at that wedding than I did at my own. I danced with my husband for quite a few numbers and couldn't resist a hundred few turns around the dance floor with several of my coworkers. We all had a blast! In fact, the bride, groom, myself, my coworkers, and Mr Man closed the place down. We danced until they kicked us out! I have to admit that is something that has never happened to me before! Kind of a big off scale victory for me!

That was the end of my fun, though. I woke up Monday morning absolutely feeling like death warmed over miserable. Went to work, but only lasted 2 hours. There was no way I could be around food that day. Got home and immediately ran to the bathroom. I had the flu. And I had it bad. It only got worse over the next 24 hours. Nothing would stay down. I kept trying, so I can't tell you how many calories I consumed over the last few days because it all came right back up (sorry, TMI, I know). On top of that, Aunt Flo came a calling. The Flu and Flo. It was a glorious week (note: sarcasm). My fuzzy slippers, bed, and bathroom became my new best friends.

That it over now (thank you!). And I can finally get back on track with losing. On a positive note, there is nothing like the flu to make you lose weight at a record pace. I weighed myself out of curiosity Thursday morning and I was at 272 lbs. I know it was because I was dehydrated (majorly) and hadn't really absorbed anything I was eating, but it was kinda nice seeing that number on the scale. Then, yesterday as soon as I was able to keep anything down I started snarfing my face on everything (I was SO hungry!) and rehydrating. That brought the number up super quick again. Oh well. Back to square one and onward!

Fake it til you make it!
~The Faux Bandit~



No comments:

Post a Comment