Ticker




-

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Rewarding Myself

I've decided to write down rewards for every weight loss milestone I reach. I'm hoping that way, when I'm losing sight of why I'm doing this and my motivation has taken an inconvenient three week vacation to the Bahamas, I can look at this list and remember that I have short term rewards and something to work toward. :)


  • 5 Pounds Lost
    • Mani/Pedi! (Yay! I almost never treat myself to these anymore. Used to get them all the time. Wonder why I stopped?)
  • 10 Pounds Lost
    • Hair cut (I need one... bad!)
  • 25 Pounds Lost
    • New work outfit
  • 50 Pounds Lost
    • Sushi dinner date night with Mr Man (I <3 sushi! We actually have a really good sushi place in the town near us. Their Unagi rolls are to die for. I'll have to limit how many of those I snarf, though. Looked it up and their 80 calories a piece! High protein, though...)
  • 79 Pounds Lost
    • Giving myself $250 and hitting the mall for some new clothes (I'll have officially hit one-derland!)
  • 100 Pounds Lost
    • Driving 3+ hours to where I used to live and treating myself to a cut, color, and style with the stylist I used to have before I moved. (My hair hasn't been the same since it lost his magic touch. If you're reading this, Will, both myself and my hair miss you more than words can express!)
  • 125 Pounds Lost
    • Total spa day. Mani/Pedi. Facial. Hour long hot stone massage. Who knows what else...? (Might combine with the next reward)
  • 131 Pounds Lost (GOAL WEIGHT!)
    • Mr Man and I will be going on a second honeymoon. Not sure where, but it will be AWESOME! (Vegas? Cruise? Aruba? Australia? Taking suggestions!)
Can't wait to start treating myself (and Mr Man) to some of these! Are you losing? Do you have any rewards lined up and waiting for you? I'd love to hear about them! How about those of ya'll who have already reached their goal? Any good ones from you?

Fake it til you make it!
~The Faux Bandit~


4 comments:

  1. I haven't been very good at specific rewards, but I do live to buy new clothes in smaller sizes, and new workout gear is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about workout gear! I'm actually pretty excited to be able to actually buy some!

      Delete
  2. One suggestion...when you ready to buy new clothes check out goodwill and consignment shops. You can get more for your money and lots of great buys for low prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, hon! That's actually something I'm REALLY looking forward to, as well! I have several friends who are obsessed with thrift store/garage sale shopping, but I always dread going with them because I can't ever find anything in my size that doesn't look like it is more suited for my grandmother than a twenty-something girl like me.
      Honestly, I never feel more fat than I do in a thrift store. When I go into a shop like Abercrombie or Victoria's Secret, etc, I can just tell myself that they are "skinny girl stores". Those don't bother me nearly as bad as thrift stores, because there it really is "real people" clothing, and I can't even fit into that! This chubster is excited to be able to be one of the "real people" again! :)

      Delete