Ticker




-

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Lazy Saturday

Current weight: 274.2
-.7 lbs from yesterday
-4.0 lbs weight loss total (only 1 lb more to go until my mani/pedi reward!)

Exercise: Saturday morning rendezvous (TMI, I know- but it counts!) and darts with my league team

Breakfast
1/4 container Sabra Greek Olive Hummus (I fluffy <3 this hummus!)
14 Multigrain Pita Chips
Calories 385
Protein 10g


Lunch
Mushroom, Leek, Egg, and Parmesan Omelette
Calories 185
Protein 12g


Mid-Afternoon Hunger Attack
1 scoop Unjury Vanilla
1 c Light Vanilla Soy Milk
Calories 160
Protein 26g


Dinner
Pho Dac Biet
Oyster Wings
Vietnamese Summer Rolls
Calories 686
Protein 54g


Grand Total
Calories 1416
Protein 102g (oh my!)

Mr Man and I slept in this morning. I was planning to go for a walk before the rain was scheduled to hit, but it seems the storm moved in early because I woke up to it pouring. So, MM and I improvised. (And now I've scared away the few followers I have... lol!) I just wanted ya'll to know that neither he or I completely ditched out on exercise. ;)

Because we slept in so late, neither one of us was all that hungry when we crawled out of bed, so we just shared a dish of hummus and some pita chips before MM took off to the shed to work on a tractor (normally I'd follow that sexy sight and sit on a tire and watch the eye candy- but again, it was raining, and cold, so I declined) and I stayed home to get caught up on some work (namely the article I'm supposed to have turned in by this morning for the magazine... oops!). A little while later I decided to finish using up the organic cremini mushrooms I had been gifted and made myself a little mini one egg "omelette". It was D-E-LISH! There is something about mushrooms and Parmesan cheese I can't resist. 

I finished my article and emailed it to my editor it seems just as she was emailing me to chew my rear end, because no sooner than I had pressed "send" then a new email popped into my inbox from her irate and wondering where in the world that article was. Oops!

After that I decided that there was no better thing for supper than some orgasmically extremely good food at the Vietnamese place in town. It's SO good! Pho, oyster wingss, and summer rolls... Oh! The summer rolls... They are TO DIE FOR! Authentic, real, fresh, yummy... The crisp lettuce, fresh herbs, chewy rice paper, yummy rice noodles, shrimp, pork... *sigh* The only- and I mean ONLY- downfall to those is that they are served with satan's secret weapon a peanut dipping sauce. I could drink bowls of that stuff. So not what my waistline needs right now, so I opted instead for fish sauce- which I also find extremely yummy. You know what? I didn't miss it! When I placed my order I just requested the fish sauce instead of the peanut sauce, and ta-da! Out of sight, out of mind! I know if the peanut sauce were to have been on my table I would have used it- but since it wasn't, the fish sauce did an amazing job subbing in and I didn't feel one teeny tiny yellow polka dot bikini's bit of regret or deprived. I actually think I like the summer rolls better with the fish sauce. I'm just obsessed with peanut butter (aka the reason why the dreamy stuff isn't in my house) so I tend to over do it. 

That being said, both MM and I are actually quite pleasantly surprised at how creative our minds have gotten at this calorie game we're now playing together. Because he and I are doing it together now, it makes it a quadrillion times much easier to go out to eat and even cook dinner at home- because we're on the same wavelength! Since we're both trying to avoid the same things I'm not cooking two different meals or feeling deprived because I can't have what's on his plate and in front of me, in my house. Now, we're eating the same things, just two different portion sizes (let's be real #1- he's a guy and they get to eat more because the calorie/metabolism gods have deemed it thus, and #2- He's not trying to be as restrictive as I am with the calories because he doesn't care about losing the weight as much/as quickly and he's not following a banded lifestyle, just less junk food basically). Now, when we go out to eat, if we see something on the menu that we're both craving (usually an appetizer or dessert) we ask for a small portion of it (i.e. the oyster wings we had for supper normally come in a 8 wing serving. We asked for a half order and the restaurant was more than accommodating) and split it. That means he and I only had 2 wings a piece instead of the usual 4. Half the calories, all of the satisfaction of eating the "forbidden" food and being able to finish what was on our plates (at least for the appetizer). Then, by the time our main courses come out our minds and bodies are already staring to signal each other that there is food in our stomachs. We get full so much quicker now! We always bring leftovers home. We never brought leftovers home before. In fact, we were the people that would make 4-5 trips up to the buffet line when we went out for Chinese! Now I usually eat about a cup of food before my body signals I'm satisfied. He gets to about 2 cups. That's a far cry from 5 (mounded) plates!

So excited to have him on this journey with me! And super excited to get my nails done! Hurray! It's almost time! :)

Fake it til you make it!
~The Faux Bandit~

No comments:

Post a Comment