Ticker




-

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fun in the Sun

Morning weight 273.6
-.6 lbs from yesterday
-4.6 lbs weight loss total

Exercise: Swimming with the in-laws and my niece and nephew :) (I big puffy paint <3 those kids!) and darts with my league team

Breakfast
1 Scoop Unjury Vanilla
2 c Light Vanilla Soy Milk
Calories 220
Protein 32g


Lunch
1 c mixed tropical fruit salad (mangos, blueberries, kiwis, pineapple & grapes)
Homemade Caprese Salad
Hamburger w/half a bun
Calories 497
Protein 22g


Dinner
1 c Light Potato & Egg Salad
Hot Dog w/Bun
1/2 c grapes
1 tiny slice pound cake
Calories 625
Protein 23g


Grand Total
Calories 1342
Protein 77g

Today was absolutely amazing! Ya'll have no idea how much I #1- love my niece and nephews and #2- love swimming. It's always a blast hanging out with my in-laws and when you throw bochee ball, swimming, chatting, a state park, and picnics into the mix... well, let's just say this girl is in complete heaven!

I knew there was going to be a crapload lot of food today, so I made sure to have my Unjury for breakfast. I stayed majorly full until it was time to eat at the park. I also knew we were going to stay there for most of the day, so I made two "meals" out of it. I ate half of what I wanted for the first meal, went swimming, and 3 hours later I dug my second "meal" out of the cooler and relaxed and dried off. It was perfect! 

I do have to give a huge shout out to my in-laws and Mr Man, though. Without them, I would have probably been majorly struggling today. First of all, there is MM's contribution: he helped to remind me that I needed to make food he and I could eat to bring with for our dish(es) to share. Normally I do bacon wrapped. cream cheese stuffed jalapenos and then a cashew chicken salad. NOT calorie counting choices- believe you me! So, instead, I modified my fruit "salsa" recipe by not dicing the fruit so small so it was more of a fruit salad (minus the fluff and stuff) and brought pound cake sliced uber thin and fat free whipped cream to make a healthy version of a fruit shortcake (everyone LOVED it!). I also made a caprese salad, but instead of loading it up with olive oil like you traditionally do, I marinated the mozzarella with a tiny bit of extra virgin, fresh basil oregano and garlic for 48 hours in advance, then drained the oil and tossed them in with the grape tomatoes, some roasted garlic, salt, and pepper. (I actually think I liked it better than traditional!) I also brought a big bag of grapes with so MM and I could snack on those instead of the chips and crackers that I knew would abound.

Second shout out has to go to the in-laws. We had two different tables set up for everyone to sit at (there were a lot of us) and they always set the snacky foods (read: chips) on the center of the tables for everyone to munch on. Well, they had MM and I with the kids at one table and they put the grapes and good munchies on ours and kept the chips over on the other table. Temptation removed! And an added bonus is that I got to munch on mangos with the little ones (they'd never had it before) and they LOVED it! In fact, later on one of my brother-in-laws offered my niece some chips and she refused- she wanted some more of "that good orange fruit Auntie K brought"! Who would have ever thought this chubster would be teaching kids healthy eating habits?!?! HUGE OSV (off-scale victory!)

Fake it til you make it!
~The Faux Bandit~

No comments:

Post a Comment